Bohol Firefly Tour Abatan River
Experience getting closer to nature as Bohol Travel Buddy takes you for a Firefly Tour in Abatan River.
Abatan river is home to 273 plant species, 67 species of wild animals, and 8 species of fireflies including the Pteroptyx macdermotti, endemic to the Philippines. It also has several mangrove species and fauna such as mudskippers, fruit bats (Large Flying Fox), rats, mangrove skinks, water monitor, fiddler crabs, etc.
The river has a mangrove specie locally known as Gapas-gapas and is considered the rarest mangrove specie in the Philippines. Gapas gapas is currently globally endangered.
Important reminders during the tour:
- Please do not use flash photography. Turn off your flash settings on your camera or mobile phones prior to the tour/boat ride.
- During the tour, we ask our guests to be in their best behavior while touring the river as to not disrupt or upset the animals and fireflies in the surrounding area. Refrain from talking or laughing in loud voices. This will also help everyone to marvel at the beauty of the fireflies and the night sky.
- Please do not throw/leave your garbage on the river and anywhere in the surrounding area.
- 5pm - Pick up at hotel or resort
- Early dinner at any restaurant (dinner will be shouldered by the guest/s)
- Proceed to Abatan River
- Firefly tour onboad motorized boat for 1 hour
- Back to resort
Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Bohol Abatan River Firefly Tour
|Number of Persons||Rate (Private Tour)|
|5 to 14 pax||₱ 2,000|
|Maximum of 4 pax||₱ 1,800|
|Maximum of 4 pax||₱ 2,200|
|More than 4 pax||To be discussed, please contact us|
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her booking, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
1 week Before the Travel Date: Subject to 25% deduction
3 Days before the Booking Date: 50%
Booking Date: No refund.
In the event of inclement weather or calamity, no refunds will be given unless:
- The province or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm Warning area" and/or
- The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of the payment from a guest currently registered;
- Any unused portion of the payment from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Storm Warning is lifted; and
- Any advance payments collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Storm Warning" period.
Refunds usually take 30 to 40 business days and is subject to the approval of the Finance Head.
Bohol Firefly Tour Booking Form
*Please read our terms and conditions carefully. By hitting the Booking button, you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions.
*Please note that your booking date is still not secure until you have paid the down payment.